Lower Abdominal Pain:
No problem in gynecologic practice is as refractory as pelvic pain (lower abdominal pain). Patients keep visiting many clinicians for the same. The major structures in pelvis are ovary, uterus, urinary bladder, prostate, seminal vesicle, rectum, areolar tissue, various vascular and nerve plexus, lymphatics with lymph nodes.
There are different structures which are sources of pain from pelvis. The major structures are ovary, prostate, testis. Patients usually complain of colicky, aching, cramping and burning lower abdominal pain. It might be in one of the quadrants or may involve entire lower abdomen. There may be associated dyspareunia & dysmenorrhoea. Might be associated with psychological depression.
- Interventional – Trigger point injections
- Superior hypogastric plexus block
- Extradural local anaesthetic + steroid
- Caudal epidural Local Anaesthesia + steroid
- Coeliac plexus block
Know Your Pain
|Mon – Sat||4.00 PM – 9.00 PM|
- Address Plot #11, Tanaji Nagar, Opposite Heritage Plaza, PCMC Link Road, Chinchwad, Pune, Maharashtra, India – 411033
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone +91 7498897611