Coccydynia is a pain in the vicinity of coccyx. Commonly seen in the age group between 30 years to 50 years. Coccyx provides support for adjacent structures.
- Congenital abnormality
- Degenerative changes of sacrococcygeal joint
Patient will complain of pain worsened by sitting/defaecation. Pain will be relieved by standing/walking/lying down. Local tenderness over coccyx will be present. Movement of coccyx will aggravate the pain.
- Local infiltration with LA+ steroid repeated at weekly intervals
- Ganglion impar block to out sympathetic origin of pain
- B/L S5 dorsal root ganglionotomy is done with RF
This condition is seen often postmenopasually. Women complain of a kind of pulling or crawling sensation in the clitoral area. Patients prefer to stand rather than sit, because sitting aggravate the pain.
- Pharmacological methods
- Lumbar sympathectomy
- Hypogastric plexus block
- Ganglion impar block
- Epidural Local Anaesthesia + steroid
Know Your Pain
|Mon – Sat||4.00 PM – 9.00 PM|
- Address Plot #11, Tanaji Nagar, Opposite Heritage Plaza, PCMC Link Road, Chinchwad, Pune, Maharashtra, India – 411033
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone +91 7498897611